Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Land......


In a dark lane,I saw her
Her back arched with the burden of age,
Holding onto the bars of an invisible cage...
She stood alone in darkness,
Bereft of all emotions,
Staring into an emptiness,
Praying silently for her ablution...
"Who are you", I asked her,
Her silent gaze had me rooted in fear,
"I am the air you breathe", she spake,
I am the water that quenches your thirst,
I am the land you trudge upon,
I am the soil that feeds you,
I am the essence of who you are,
But you all seem to have forgotten me...
These tattered clothes lay bare my soul,
Marred by corruption,
Mutilated by hatred,
Impaired by poverty,...
Destroyed by desires of my selfish children,
That have a beginning, but know no end...
Save me before its too late,
Or you all will repent your disastrous fate.
My wings have been ripped apart,
Am now tied to the ground,
Its time you make a new start..
All that's been lost, has to be found"
I stood there speechless,
Not knowing what to say...
How do I save my motherland,
Can you show me the way???

1 comment:

  1. A great portrayal of a harsh reality. And we all just stand and gaze. Thank you for reminding me of my roots, of my duty towards this great nation of mine.:)

    ReplyDelete