Tuesday, July 12, 2011

IF I COULD FLY....


Sitting alone in my cubicle,
Bereft of all thoughts
Ignoring people's odd glares like icicles...
With my inner self I fought.

The walls seemed to close on me,
As if trying to stifle my every breath,
This is not where I want to be..
I curse my fortune's cunning and stealth.

My imagination took me far far away,
To the land of my dreams...
Where the untamed wind made the trees sway
Their roots bathed in crystal clear streams.

I was free from the worries,
The tensions that constantly grappled me
I was in the land of Grandma's stories,,,
It was music as far as the eye could see.

It was where I longed to be,
Bolt around the green lands bare foot...
Feel the clear springs and the deep sea,
And enjoy Mother Nature's abundant loot.

The snow covered peaks glistened in the Sun
And dew drops glimmered like pearls,
Entangled in the webs, the spider had so painstakingly spun,
While the weeds danced in the ocean's swirl.

The cattle grazed on the lush green grass,
Horses ran unabashedly free of all care
The scene was the most beautiful I ever cane across,
Pure and pious and scenic and fair....

The colorful birds dotted the clear blue sky,
Singing to the world God's glory,
They almost made me wish I could fly,
I felt cleansed of all the agony,,,

The vivid colours dazzled my eyes,
The flowers in full bloom...
They rid my heart of all its gloom,

The horses white,
Ran with all their might...
The roses burnt red,
The golden sun felt glad..
The sunflowers clad in vibrant yellow,
They could make any heart mellow..
The sky and sea blue,
The birds of rainbow hue..
The cottages made of wood,
The green trees that proudly stood.....

My heart skipped a beat,
I crashed back from my retreat,
I longed to go back there,
Away from the maddening crowd's stares.

But felt chained by the concrete surrounding me,
I tried but couldn't get away...
Hope still kindles,
One day I'll soar high,
And break free from these girdles
& reach the land of my dreams...

If only I could fly....

No comments:

Post a Comment